I absolutely love entertaining during the holidays! We enjoy old family traditions, have created some new traditions, and I have ideas for future traditions when I have grandchildren for the holidays. For the next few weeks I will be sharing some holiday menu plans and entertaining ideas. The first menu I’ll be sharing has become a Christmas Eve favorite of ours, if we’re home, starting off with a simple, but delicious chopped salad, and then it’s lasagna night, with a heavenly winter greens recipe, and a hearty, traditional, lasagna bolognese. Lasagnas can be made in advance and then popped in the oven while you’re entertaining.
Our Christmas Eve menu starts off with this deliciously fresh chopped salad with home-made dressing. The fresh lemon juice and quality olive oil will provide a perfect compliment to your crispy romaine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes and yellow bell peppers. Flat-leaf Italian parsley and brine-cured black olives bring everything together for this unique, yet basic, chopped salad blend.
Next recipe tomorrow, so stay tuned.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 each garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1/3 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, one head chopped
- 1 each English Cucumber diced
- 2 each Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 each yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 each small red onion chopped
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley chiffonade
- 1/2 cup brine-cured black olives pitted and quartered
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper. Slowly add olive oil in a stream, continuing to whisk until blended. Toss remaining ingredients with dressing.
Leave a Reply