|Prep Time||1 hour|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
|Passive Time||24 hours|
- 1 loaf Ciabatta bread cubed
- 1 loaf Cornbread cubed
- 1 loaf French bread cubed
- 2 medium Vadalia onions diced
- 5 stalks celery diced, with leaves
- 5 carrots diced
- 1/2 bunch fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup orange juice with pulp
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves chopped
- roasted sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- One to two days before your meal, cut all three loaves of bread into 1-inch cubes, lay them out on sheet pans, cover with dish towels and allow to dry for 24 to 48 hours, until crisp.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, celery and carrots and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add broth, parsley, rosemary, basil, thyme, turmeric, salt and pepper and stir. Once incorporated, remove from heat and let stand.
- Put all your bread cubes in a large bowl and slowly ladle the broth over the mixture, tossing as you go. Now add orange juice until the dressing has the moisture level you desire. Taste and add seasoning to your desire.
- Transfer the dressing into a large casserole pan. This dressing may also be used to stuff your turkey, but if you are baking separately, bake at 375 degrees until golden and crispy on top, approximately 45 minutes.
Leave a Reply