|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||3 hours|
- 2.5 lb wholemeal flour or whole wheat flour
- 3.5 oz wheat germ
- 3.5 oz pinhead oatmeal or steel cut Irish oats
- 3.5 oz bran Miller's Bran
- 3.5 oz oat flakes
- 3.5 oz walnuts chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 6 oz unslated butter
- 2.5 oz treacle (molasses)
- 2.5 pints buttermilk
- Grease and flour 4 small, 1 lb, loaf tins. Preheat over to 300 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Melt the butter, then warm the treacle until runny and mix them in with the buttermilk.
- Add the liquids to the dry ingredients and blend together well to make a wet mixture.
- Divide equally between the prepared loaf tins and bake in the preheated oven for three hours.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
Walnut Treacle Bread and Black Pudding and Apple Scones - the finished product. Recipe for the Black Pudding and Apple Scones coming soon.
Thanks, Rita! I'll see you again soon.
Leave a Reply