“After attending the Food & Wine Conference this year in Orlando, where I had the opportunity to taste the mildly spicy creation, Out of the Weeds Carrot Ginger Dressing on a Chicken Pasta Salad, I knew I had to incorporate this golden orange blend into a recipe of my own. The result is this filling Sweet Potatoes & Couscous dish. Enjoy!” ~ Heather Sell, ShoutOUT Tampa Bay
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2 sweet potatoes large, cubed
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup green onions diced
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar light
- salt to taste
- 1/4-1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Carrot Ginger Dressing by Out of the Weeds
- 1/2 cup couscous
- Make couscous according to package instructions.
- Cube 2 large sweet potatoes. I peeled my potatoes, but you can leave the skin on if you'd prefer. In a small saucepan, add sweet potatoes and cover with water, just covering the potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmering for about 15 minutes, until tender. Drain.
- In a skillet, melt butter on low-medium heat. Once melted, add green onion, stirring occasionally. Sautee onions for 2-3 minutes. Stir in brown sugar, ground black pepper, salt, cinnamon, Out of the Weeds Carrot Ginger Dressing and almond milk, stirring until heated through. Remove from heat. Gently add sweet potatoes and couscous to mixture. Serve immediately.
Thank you, Heather, for creating this delicious dish and sharing with us!
If you would like your Out of the Weeds creation featured here, I would love to hear from you. Forward your recipe with photos to me at email@example.com.
Out of the weeds and into your kitchen,